Flying by private jet is an interesting phenomenon. You fly on an airplane, but you don’t pay the regular price; rather, you pay for a higher level of luxury and a higher level of privacy. The private jet industry has existed for decades, but it’s still a relative niche market. Since an airplane is one of the safest ways to travel, with virtually no chance of anything going wrong, it has become a popular way for celebrities, executives, and other wealthy people to travel in style.
When most of us think about flying private, we imagine something much larger and more expensive than a commercial flight. But private jets can actually be quite affordable, as private jet companies seek to make flying private as convenient and affordable as possible. An added bonus? The privacy of flying private.
How Much Does It Cost to Book a Seat on a Private Jet?
By some estimates, the average private jet trip costs between $20,000 and $80,000, depending on the route. There are ways to get around this cost, however. Many private aircraft operators offer discount flights if you book an entire plane. There are also a number of chartered flight services that list empty seats or empty legs on their itineraries. Some services offer discounts if passengers share a ride, but these services aren’t always as cheap as you’d think.
- On a large private jet: $51,600-$78,000 with about 14-19 passengers
- On a smaller or turboprop private jet: $7,800-$18,000 with about 4-6 passengers
- On a midsize private jet: $24,000-$48,000 with up to 9 passengers
What Is a Private Jet Card Membership?
A private jet card is a subscription that grants you access to hundreds of private jets, mostly used for business travel. You can fly when and where you want to with private jet cards. You’re not tied to a particular airline or airport so that you can fly on private jets instead of commercial planes.
Are you sick and tired of having to sit in long lines at the airport when you fly? A private jet card membership allows you to bypass the long lines and save yourself some valuable time. With this type of membership, you get all the benefits of a private plane flight but for a fraction of the cost. So instead of spending hours waiting in line at the airport, you can spend your time enjoying your trip.
What Company to Apply a Card Membership for the Private Jet
If you are interested in a private jet, you must consider a company to apply for a card membership for the private jet. You can look for the company online. Some big companies providing the service are Jets.com, Jet Linx, and VistaJet. These companies offer private charter flights, plane rentals, and shared ownership. The membership is for the private jet. The cost of annual membership depends on the membership plan you select.
- Jets.com – Jet.com is the online travel booking service powered by Walmart. It makes it easy to buy the items you need for your trip, like flights, hotels, and rental cars, all in one place. But there is more. Jet.com also offers exclusive offers for its members, which can save you money on your trip. With exclusive offers, members can enjoy benefits like earning rewards on Jet Privilege points, a free 24-hour travel concierge, access to Jet Tours, and more. Jet.com members are eligible for exclusive offers at more than 300,000 hotels, 16,000 rental car locations, and 75,000 flights worldwide. Membership is $99 a year, with a free introductory offer that includes $25 in Jet Privilege Rewards.
- Jet Linx – Jet Linx offers memberships and a variety of services, including its “Destinations” service, which takes private jets to customers’ favorite destinations. Jet Linx works much like a car rental service, but reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance, and members are required to pay a $1,000 security deposit before flying.
- VistaJet – Nowadays, it is almost a necessity for business people and government officials to travel by private jet. Unfortunately, the cost of travel by private jet is prohibitive to many. Fortunately, companies such as VistaJet offer memberships to private jets. A membership with VistaJet allows passengers to use private jets for travel all over the world for as low as $2,500 per flight.
Can You Afford a Private Jet?
Flying private has many benefits, but it’s definitely not for everyone. If you’re flying commercial, your options are limited, giving you smaller seats or, often, no seat. And if you fly private, you’re paying to do so. However, if you’re looking to fly on the cheap, private jets may be the way to go.
It’s no surprise that flying by private jet is a luxurious experience. But how do private aircraft fares compare with those of commercial airlines? A private jet can fly you to your destination a fraction of the time, offering unparalleled comfort, amenities, and privacy. However, private aircraft flights can be more expensive.