Inspired by the late 70s and early 80s, capsule wardrobes offer a classic wardrobe’s clean, minimalist look without the commitment. A capsule wardrobe is a capsule collection of clothing that you can mix and match to create a unique look for different occasions. You can buy a capsule wardrobe in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you can choose the pieces and colors and even the fabric of your clothes individually. This can be used to organize your travel clothes from oldest to newest, helping you wear exactly what you need for the occasion.
In capsule wardrobes, you keep all of your clothes in a designated space with a specific amount of space-a “coupon” of sorts-between each item. For example, most people have a drawer in their bedroom where they keep their most dated items. These items have been worn a lot or have a lot of sentimental value, and most people don’t wear them anymore.
You will probably not be surprised to learn those capsule wardrobes are all the rage right now. According to Amazon’s category page for capsule wardrobes, there are currently over 100 items under the “Capsule Wardrobe” category. There are even more variations of the concept: some people create a “vault” of clothes, while others create a “laundry capsule” and others “juggle” their closets. If you are trying to make your very own capsule wardrobe, you’re in luck because this is what we’ll be discussing today.
- If you want to find success in fashion, you need to know your style. Style is the underlying essence of what you wear. It’s the personality behind the clothes. It’s even more than that. If you can describe your style, you can create your capsule wardrobe! Get your fashion leanings straight and get the most out of the clothing you already own. The concept of a capsule wardrobe is to use a carefully curated collection of items that work well together and can be worn on multiple occasions. It’s the quickest and easiest way to expand your clothing and expand your style.
If you’re not sure what to wear to a formal event, check the capsule wardrobe to see if you have the right items in your closet. If your closet lacks certain items, buying them can transform your look and make you more confident. However, expanding your clothing collection could end up rather expensive, so if you’re wanting to make sure you collect enough items that can greatly improve your capsule wardrobe, then why not try to use this link or one alike that provides various coupons for your shopping needs.
- If you’re the type of person who loves shopping, it’s a good idea to start building your capsule wardrobe by filling your closet with just one item of clothing for each week of the month. The second step to creating a capsule wardrobe is by tracking what you are wearing for the next 30 days. Pretty simple, but this will greatly help with your capsule wardrobe. You can track what you wear for 30 days manually with a notebook, or if you aren’t the type to write things down, you can also use apps.
- Keeping clothes in your closet after you’ve worn them once or twice can be a huge problem. When you buy new clothes, they never last as long as you would hope. So, you end up with piles and piles of unnecessary clothing and accessories. By cleaning out your closet, you will always have the option to expand your wardrobe. This keeps your wardrobe from being overwhelming, and overwhelming keep you from liking what you have. By getting rid of clothing pieces that you don’t wear most of the time, you will have the ability to purchase a better-quality version of a new item. You will also have a new wardrobe to choose from every time you go shopping. If you think shopping for new clothes every time will be expensive, fret not! There are plenty of discounts you can get from Saks Fifth Avenue coupons and others like it, so take advantage of them to upgrade your wardrobe pieces once in a while.
- These days, when you’re shopping for clothes, it’s easy to forget that there is a huge spectrum of colors that match everyone’s skin tone. Making a color palette is a great way to add a warm or cool splash of color to your wardrobe, but you have to be careful when picking a color palette based purely on your skin tone. Make sure the color palette you choose works with the rest of your capsule wardrobe and doesn’t clash with your style.
- Lastly, make a wish list for clothes that are missing in your capsule wardrobe. When you’ve cleaned out your closet and have given clothes that you thought weren’t important for you anymore, there might be other clothing pieces that you value but don’t have. So, it’s a good idea to make a wish list for your capsule wardrobe.