If you’re looking for someplace fun to visit, there are few places in the world that top Mexico. From the Mayans at Chichen Itza to the Pacific coast, you can discover a breathtaking array of diverse cultures, landscapes, and adventures. From the stunningly beautiful beach town of Rosarito to the historic colonial city of Guanajuato, there are so many places to see and do in this South American country.
What Fun Things Can You Do in Mexico?
It’s easy to forget Mexico is only a few hours south of the United States border – except when you’re in Tijuana, of course. Beyond driving on the wrong side of the road and being confused by their method of time, most visitors tend to assume that Mexico is a relatively sleepy place. Yet, the country is home to some of the most amazing and exotic places on Earth, and you can spend hours exploring the great expanse of natural beauty out there. Below is a helpful list of things to do in Mexico:
- Experience the rich culture of Mexico City. Mexico City is a sprawling metropolis, and it’s easy to see how it grew into being the cultural and political capital of the country. But within that city, there are many subcultures. From its colonial past to the modern-day, Mexico City has more than a few places worth visiting. This is a city that loves to party, and there are neighborhoods that are known for their lively nightlife. There are also neighborhoods where you can find convivial dining experiences.
- Immerse yourself in the colorful markets of Chiapas. Mexico City is full of colorful markets. And some of them, like the colorful markets in Chiapas, are famous all over the world. Lively markets invite you to look, buy and taste everything, and they are the best place to get information about new products and unusual traditions.
- Spend a week in the Yucatan, where Mayan culture can be felt around every corner. The Yucatan is the peninsula that consists of the two states of Quintana Roo and Yucatan. One of the most beautiful states in Mexico, the region has tons of history, and the Mayan culture can be felt around every corner. Starting off with the Mayan Temples, you can visit the most beautiful places in the world where in the past, the Mayans had their temples, and you can even see the place where the Mayans built the biggest pyramid. It’s also the perfect place to relax and unwind, so why not consider visiting a Wellness Resort and Hotel in Mexico?
- Eat some street foods at Puerto Vallarta. Puerto Vallarta is a small city on Mexico’s Pacific coast. It is a modern resort town with a mix of hotels, condominiums, and restaurants, all just a few minutes away from the beaches. The area is best known for its amazing weather and is a favorite of locals. It is not just your average tourist trap. On a trip to this Mexican town, you will find street food to die for, a beautiful colonial architecture that will make you want to stretch out and take a nap, and more than enough spectacular beaches to keep you blissfully happy. There are also plenty of amazing vacation rentals that can leave you wishing to stay there forever; and so close to the beaches too! You can find them to book on websites like Exceptional Villas, so go start planning right now.
- Experience the cute towns and colonial charm of Oaxaca. Oaxaca is home to many colonial towns that have been preserved for tourists, such as Antequera and San Angel. These towns are striking for their stunning architecture, and the local people are open and friendly. Oaxaca has a rich history, too, with the Zapotec and Mixtec tribes playing a large part in the state’s past. About food, well, it is up to you to visit and experience why this state is called the gastronomic capital of Mexico.
- Explore the beauty of the Sierra Norte Mountains. The Sierra Norte Mountains of Mexico are a must-see for most travelers; everyone has heard of them, but few actually have the chance to visit. The mountains are located in the state of Nayarit, about 250 miles south of the state’s capital, Puerto Vallarta. Called the Sierra de la Laguna, they are the only mountain range in Mexico that has never been connected to another mountain range.
- Practice your party moves in Guadalajara. Guadalajara is a city rich in cultural, culinary, and entertainment options that are perfect for getting your adrenaline rush and also perfect for honing your party moves.
If you have ever dreamed of visiting paradise, a trip to Mexico is a must. There’s so much to explore in this gorgeous country that it’s hard to get to everything. So, which of the ones listed above are you looking forward to doing?